I gotta admit that between finishing up my novel and taking care of the kids on my own (while hubby’s been on 2 business trips in the last 2 weeks), my brain is fried. So I’m keeping this post short and sweet. 🙂
In light of Mother’s Day this Sunday, here are 5 things I never knew about mamahood before I had kids:
1. That the 10 seconds after I get the kids into the car and shut the door and before I reach the driver’s seat could be the 10 most glorious seconds of my day. I know exactly where the kids are, they can’t go anywhere because they are strapped into their carseats, and I can’t hear them arguing. Ahh… 🙂
2. That there would be moments when I’m talking to the kids and hubby says to me with raised eyebrows, “You sound like your mom” and I say, “No, I don’t!”… just before it dawns on me that Argh, I do!
3. That for some reason I have an easier time imaging myself laying my life down to save my kids (from oncoming traffic, a burning house, etc.) than actually getting up in the middle of the night – without grumbling – to change their soiled clothes.
4. That my kids would teach me more about life and love than I could ever teach them.
5. That I would reach a point (like this year) when I would start wishing my munchkins wouldn’t grow up so quickly.
So with that, here’s wishing you a very happy Mother’s Day. Hope you have a great weekend celebrating the moms in your lives!
And here’s a great video of a Parent Rap Song by a very hip couple. Check it out!